- Electrodiagnostics (EMG and nerve conduction studies)
- Epidural and facet joint injections
- Implantable spinal cord stimulators
- Intrathecal pump to deliver pain medication
- Joint injections
- Lifestyle modification
- Medication management
- Nutritional counseling
- Osteopathic manual medicine treatment
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections
- Rehabilitation therapy, including physical therapy and occupational
- Trigger point injections
- Ultrasound-guided injections
Workers with back pain are absent from work an average of 4 days per year more than those without back pain
Back pain is the 2nd most common ailment
When you come to Miami Neuroscience Institute for physical medicine and rehabilitation, you can expect:
- A goal to help get you active and mobile as soon as possible.
- A team approach to your care, which involves collaboration with physiatrists, pain management experts, neurosurgeons and rehabilitation specialists (physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech pathology)
- A treatment plan that is tailored to your lifestyle and preferences.
Pain Management Program
Miami Neuroscience Institute’s Pain Management Program helps patients overcome or cope with pain and enjoy a more active life. The staff’s expert pain management specialists can diagnose and treat problems associated with acute or chronic pain. Using an individualized approach to treatment, they strive to help each patient experience improved health and relief from pain.
The Pain Management Program offers a full range of treatment options, including: Epidural Steroid Injections, Facet Injections, Nerve Blocks, Trigger Point Therapy, Neurostimulator, Neurolytic Block, Radiofrequency Ablation , Dorsal Column Stimulator, Medial Branch Blocks, Discography, Lumbar Puncture and Medication management.
Whether you’re receiving inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation, we will customize your treatment and recovery plan to fit your specific needs. Rehabilitation can include:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Driving education and training
- Robotic rehabilitation
- Social work support
A large part of our physical medicine program involves working with you to find ways to change your diet, exercise routine and environment. Our specialists will help you explore core strengthening exercises, such as Pilates, workplace modifications and anti-inflammatory diet options that can help relieve pain and keep you moving.
If you undergo PRP injections, we will first draw your blood and separate the platelets. We will then concentrate those platelets in a centrifuge and combine them again with the blood. This blood is then injected into the injured area, such as a joint or tendon.