- Bone Cyst
- Bone Tumor
- Epidermoid Cysts
- Aneurysm Surgery
- AVM Surgery
- Awake Craniotomy
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Complex Cervical Spine Surgery
- Degenerative Disorders of the Spine
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Skull Base Tumor Surgery
- Spine Tumor Surgery
- Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt for Hydrocephalus
When you come to Miami Neuroscience Institute for neurosurgery, you can expect:
- A conservative approach to treatment whenever possible, with surgery only considered when it is the best option for you.
- A personalized approach to each patient, with a goal of finding the right treatment for your specific condition.
- A team of specialized neurosurgeons who have extensive training and experience in their field.
The time you spend in the hospital will depend on your diagnosis and the type of surgery you have. For some functional neurosurgery procedures, such as high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU), you may be able to go home the same day as your procedure. For some other operations, such as a craniotomy, you may need to stay in the hospital for two days or as many as seven to 10 days.
Our team always takes a conservative approach to neurosurgery. We use less-invasive methods whenever possible. If incisions are required for your procedure, we will do everything possible to avoid making incisions on your face. Instead, we will make incisions behind the hairline to make any scarring less noticeable.