- Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI)
- Diffusion Tensor Tractography (DTT)
When you come to Miami Neuroscience Institute for neuroradiology services, you can expect:
- Board-certified neuroradiologists who are specifically trained to read and interpret neurological tests and imaging.
- A team that is dedicated to being at the forefront of neuroradiology techniques.
- A collaborative effort among team members with the goal of providing the best possible care and treatment.
By combining neuroradiology with some of the recent advances in interventional neuroradiology, we are able to better visualize neurological conditions and provide more effective treatments. In stroke treatment, for example, neuroradiology helps guide our interventional neuroradiologists when extracting a blood clot with a catheter. This treatment can be life-changing for stroke patients and help them recover faster.
Intraoperative MRI (iMRI) and intraoperative CT (iCT) allow our neurosurgeons to re-scan your head, neck, brain or spine during surgery. Our neuroradiologists read the scans and give expert feedback to the surgeons, which can help guide surgical decisions. For example, a surgeon may use an iMRI to assess whether an entire tumor has been removed, or if more surgery is needed to remove any remaining tumor.
This particular MRI test shows white matter tracts in the brain. White matter helps different parts of the brain communicate and it is important in brain function and learning. We use diffusion tensor imaging and tractography to plan surgeries and come up with a surgical approach that will avoid damaging the white matter tracts.