The Neurology team at Miami Neuroscience Institute features highly skilled specialists who have decades of experience in their field.
Neurology is an area of medicine that deals with central nervous system conditions.
Whether you have a common back pain or a rare neurologic disorder, we have a team member who has the expertise to treat your specific condition. Our Board-certified specialists have access to the latest treatments and technology, as well as advanced rehabilitation services.
Which neurological conditions do you treat at Miami Neuroscience Institute?
Our team includes Board-certified neurologists who are trained in specific areas of neurology. This allows us to find the right neurologist for your condition, which leads to more personalized and effective treatment.
Some of the neurologic conditions we treat include:
- Movement disorders, including Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor
- Nerve disorders, including Guillain-Barré syndrome and peripheral neuropathy
- Brain injuries
- Back, neck and spine conditions, including spinal stenosis, sciatica and herniated discs
- Brain tumors
- Skull base tumors
- Spine tumors
- Sleep disorders
What kind of neurology tests and diagnostic tools are available at Miami Neuroscience Institute?
Miami Neuroscience Institute has access to the most advanced diagnostic tools available today, including:
- CT scans
- Interoperative CT (iCT)
- Interoperative MRI (iMRI)
- PET-CT scans
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Long-term video monitoring, or video EEG
- Stereotactic electroencephalography
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Evoked potentials (visual, auditory, somatosensory)
What kind of neurology treatments are available at Miami Neuroscience Institute?
We are skilled in a full range of neurology treatments, including non-surgical treatments, complex open surgeries and the latest minimally invasive techniques. Some of the treatments we offer include:
- Cerebrovascular neurosurgery, including coiling, thrombectomy and Woven EndoBridge (WEB) device placement
- Minimally invasive lumbar microdiscectomy
- Spinal decompression
- Lumbar fusions
- Cervical fusions
- Spinal decompression, or decompressive laminectomy
- Spinal separation surgery
- Laser ablation
- Resective surgery
- Functional neurosurgery, including deep brain stimulation (DBS), vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) and focused ultrasound
- Steroid injections
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections
When you come to Miami Neuroscience Institute for neurology care, you can expect:
- A team of experienced, Board-certified specialists who are trained in treating your specific condition.
- Friendly, compassionate care from the moment you walk through our doors.
- A first-class facility with the latest technology and treatment options all available under one roof.
Miami Neuroscience Institute offers a robust outpatient and inpatient neurorehabilitation program that includes physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy and neuropsychology services. This program is directly linked with all of our neurological care, so patients have a seamless experience from the hospital or clinic to rehabilitation.
Many of the patients we see on a regular basis come to the hospital for a non-neurological condition or procedure but end up needing neurology expertise. We regularly consult with colleagues across Baptist Health South Florida who may need a recommendation on a medication or treatment for a patient who has a history of a neurological disease, such as epilepsy. This collaboration is a key part of keeping our patients healthy and safe.