- Focal Seizures
- Generalized Seizures
- Grand Mal Seizures
- Petit Mal Seizure
- Post Traumatic Epilepsy
- Post-traumatic Seizure
- Simple Partial Seizures
- Status Epilepticus
- Subpial Transection
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Neuropace Modulation
- Laser Neuro Ablation
- Resective Surgery
- Vagus Verve Stimulation (VNS)
- Vagal Stimulation
- Visualase Thermal Laser Ablation
Level 4 Epilepsy Center
If you or a loved one comes to Miami Neuroscience Institute for epilepsy treatment, you can expect:
- A collaborative approach to your treatment, with specialists from all areas of Miami Neuroscience Institute coming together to find the best treatment for you.
- A team that is dedicated to finding a treatment that will stop your seizures and help improve your overall well-being.
- Comprehensive epilepsy treatment that includes the most advanced diagnostic tools and treatment technologies, all available under one roof.
Epilepsy Treatment Clinical Trials
If we recommend surgery to treat your epilepsy, it is likely because your medicines are no longer working. We typically recommend surgery if two or more epilepsy medications have failed or no longer work.
Although your seizures may be infrequent, they can cause injury and sometimes even death. In fact, each seizure can increase your risk of death by nearly 20 percent. With surgery, we will be able to better control your epileptic seizures and reduce your risk of serious side effects from epilepsy.
Our team works closely with neurophysiologists on diagnoses and treatment plans. Miami Neuroscience Institute’s neurophysiology team has a nurse epilepsy coordinator to help ensure you are seen, diagnosed and treated as quickly as possible. The neurophysiologists also have access to long-term video EEG monitoring available 24/7 in a 12-bed private epilepsy monitoring unit.
National Association of Epilepsy Centers
Miami Neuroscience Institute’s Epilepsy Program ranks as a level 4 epilepsy center - the highest level possible - accredited by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers.